Where on earth have I been?! Well. Such is life when you work at a college and the students return to campus for spring semester. Work this week has been utter MAYHEM. Welcome back friends, but I kind of would like you to go away now... I have a headache.
So thanks for excusing my absence, but I may be a little sporadic for a while as the dust settles with work. In the meantime, here's my very delayed hopes and dreams for
I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but it's because I've just been thinking long and hard about what my 2012 resolutions will be! It's not because I'm a slacker, it's actually because I'm more thorough than those hasty January 1st resolvers. ;)
I'm really super-pumped about 2012 and you're about to find out why. I think we're totally on the up and up here. For me, 2010 was kind of sucky and 2011 was a little better (ie: got hitched to the most fabulous man - but besides that, average), so my hypothesis is that 2012 is going to be huge.
I will establish some specific resolutions, but this will mostly be a list of things to do/things we already know we're going to do. So bear with this totally stream of consciousness list of resolutions.
1. I will join an exercise class at the gym. Probably Pilates two days a week. It's time to get this booty in shape.
2. My hub will finish school, and we will be free birds my friends. Free free free. The world is our oyster.
3. With that all wrapped up, we will move to Pennsylvania. This is the biggest element of our year! We are SO looking forward to a change of scenery and to be closer to his family for a while. This means a new home, new jobs, new friends. While I love life here near my family and close friends, everyone needs a change once in a while and this is the light at the end of my tunnel. Betsy, here I come! You and me, everyday. Or week. Whatever.
4. In Pennsylvania, I will work somewhere that is not behind a desk and my life will greatly improve.
5. When we live in Pennsylvania, we'll plant an organic garden because we'll have lots of space and time to do it! I'm so pumped to learn about all of that and not pay for produce! Can you see me as a farmer? I think I can rock it.
6. This August, Will and I will most likely lead a twelve day wilderness expedition for incoming college students with Gordon's La Vida. Yay for being in the woods for two weeks with 17 and 18 year olds! We're so excited.
7. Along with that, I'll be getting my Wilderness Advanced First Aid certification in June.
8. We're attending a ton of weddings this summer but numero uno is my best friend's wedding on July 22nd, in which I will be the matron of honor. That's a gross title, does anyone else agree? Can I be a "maid" for a day?
9. Our Australian family is coming to visit for two weeks in July and it will be a. ma. zing. Can't wait!
10. I think I'm going to try and take a class this summer. Not sure in what yet, but I'll see what there is at local colleges by way of web design and/or graphic design. It's time to improve on my hard skills for the ol' resume.
So that's what the future holds and I'm terribly excited! Is it May yet?