April 7, 2010

My abs went sailing...

It’s time for me to play some catch up on the blogging. A few Saturdays ago, I had quite an eventful day. On March 27th, Sarah, Natalie and I surprised Lyndsay and Tracey, with an early birthday adventure. Sarah and Tracey, our good friends from Endicott (blasphemy, I know), live across the street from us and we hang with them from time to time. Dinner, drinks, casual stuff, reminiscing of the North Shore together. It’s good fun and we’re glad to have them.

This time, Sarah devised a top secret plan to surprise Lynds and Tracey with abseiling in Brisbane. Their birthdays were on the following Saturday (Easter weekend), but we’d all be in separate parts of the hemisphere that day (Lynds in New Zealand and Nat and I in Sydney) so we celebrated early.

Abseiling is rappelling, the bouncing down the rock face as opposed to climbing up. I love rappelling so much, but had never heard it called abseiling. Oh, the Aussies. We got on the train at 6:30AM to be in Brisbane and set up to leap at 8:30. We enjoyed three hours of jumping, but there was an interesting dynamic I wasn’t used to - when I have repelled before, I’ve been in, you know, the woods. But here, you’re overlooking the river that cuts through the middle of Queensland’s capital city. It was definitely a unique experience. Then we had lunch in the city and explored Brisbane for a bit. The girls were surprised and a good time was had by all.

Here’s a glimpse of the day, but you can see all of the photos here.

The crew, minus Lynds behind the camera.
Tracey, Cas, Sarah & Nat.

Me, on the descent.

Brizzy.

This guy and I = good mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...