April 22, 2010

Sianara, Gold Coast.

We're done with classes.
We're done with finals.
We've said "bye" to Bond Uni.
And we're back in Sydney...

I'm pretty sure I'm content with all of that.

Sure, I'll miss the new best friends I've made, but I have faith in our global communication skills. We'll be just fine. My emotions are all over the map though as our days are numbered. We'll be flying back to the States in just 5 days. Where on earth has the time gone? There's so much to process through about these last 4 months, and hopefully my time in Sydney (and those ridiculously long flights) will allow for some good down time to clear the head.

Be praying for our adjustments. We're just realizing now that it will be an adjustment. We thought we were ready to go home, but this is really the end of an era.

I'm reading a fantastic book about living your life, examining it, and analyzing the story that your life is telling. Here's a challenging excerpt:

“I’ve wondered, though, if one of the reasons we fail to acknowledge the brilliance of life is
because we don’t want the responsibility inherent in the acknowledgment. We don’t want to be
characters in a story because characters have to move and breathe and face conflict with courage.
And if life isn’t remarkable, then we don’t have to do any of that; we can be unwilling victims rather than grateful participants” (59).

Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years


I want to acknowledge the brilliance of life.
I want to accept responsibility.
I want to move, breathe and be courageous.
I want to be the protagonist in my story, the hero.
I want to be a grateful participant.

Hopefully my experiences here will grant me the necessary perspective for carrying on with my story back home. This is a chapter of my story - a new, bright color in my "technicolor life." God is working and this chapter is key. Pray that I will be willing and that I will be grateful to carry on with whatever comes next.

See you in a matter of days,

Cas

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...