October 14, 2012

fresh healthy lunch



As the weather has turned extraordinarily fall-like, I decided it was high time to try making a butternut squash soup and it was delicious. I've never made the kind of soup that needs to go for a spin in the blender or food processor, but I'm totally sold. Try the recipe here! I also added some cinnamon and nutmeg, because I was slightly appalled that there were no autumnal spices involved.

And for the dressing - I just really love it when my food doesn't have ingredients involving the words "gum", "sorbate" or the ever-popular "high fructose corn syrup."

Check out these highly disturbing websites about what is 
probably in your salad dressing, and then try the recipe below!


Homemade Honey Dijon Vinaigrette dressing

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk ingredients together and then blend for about 10 seconds in the blender.
Let sit for 30 minutes for flavors to meld, then serve.

adapted from about.com

Enjoy this beautiful fall day!

3 comments:

  1. yum!!

    got together with cailen and ashley last weekend for the first time in years - prbly since our beach excursion. missed you! how's everything going in PA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily G10/16/2012

    I'm loving this Ikea scene you have recreated! It looks like the most relaxing place on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love breakfast nook!

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...