February 13, 2012

musical marvels

I'm starting to realize that I might write about The Civil Wars more than anything else. Seriously, they are probably one of my top three subjects written about most frequently. That's fine by me.

So this weekend, they destroyed all odds at the Grammy Awards! I'm so proud of them.

www.grammy.com
They won Best Country Duo/Group Performance against the likes of big names Jason Aldean, Kelly Clarkson and Kenny Chesney. What an amazing feat for these relatively new guys!

They also beat out artists like Gillian Welch, Eddie Vedder, and Fleet Foxes for Best Folk Album. That's so freaking huge. They deserve it more than anything - especially since they weren't even expecting to get nominated!

I'm also thrilled for Adele for showing the world how it's done winning six awards (I think she won every category she was nominated for), and for Bon Iver winning Best New Artist! The term "new" is relative, but whatevs. The world is finally noticing how awesome he is.

Oh, and I just learned that Joy Williams (pictured above) and her husband/manager Nate Yetton are expecting their first child! Props for bringing more musicians into this world.

If you aren't familiar with The Civil Wars or only learned of them yesterday - time to get caught up.

Have a musical Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Civil Wars! And I thought Adele did a fabulous job last night, she's so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy at the success The Civil Wars is having! They are so incredible! I have been a long time fan of Joy! It's so exciting that she is going to be having a baby! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love them I've been listening to their song with Taylor Swift "Safe & Sound" for 3 days straight! Love. They are so talented.

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...