August 9, 2010

Confession.

I've never read "To Kill a Mockingbird."

For some reason, I was never assigned to read it in school like everyone else, but evidently I'm missing out on the best book of all time. I have every intention of reading it, but I've struggled a bit this summer. It starts out a bit slow and I've been so unbelievably busy. The truth is, I renewed it from the library three times and never made it past chapter two.

So I hate to admit it, but I finally returned it to the library last week, admitting defeat. It was going to be a bit embarrassing to renew it for the fourth time - from the same library front desk clerk.

Which means that I've moved on to a different book that was on my list! This one belongs to a friend so I won't be ashamed for holding on to it for a while. But also, my life has slowed down a considerable amount, so I've found some time just to chill and read for pleasure. It's been just lovely.

I'm reading "The Secret Life of Bees" now and I've been really enjoying it, so I'll let you know what I think when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...